Mt. Tukuche 6920m peak situated in the Dhaulagiri range is becoming one of the popular peaks in the area. These are a technical peak however may need to be acclimatized before you try to ascend it. Before ascending the peak, a trek to from Pokhara, Beni, Tatopani, Kalopani, and Marpha and gets base camp of Tukuche peak which situated in Dhaulagiri region.
It is also possible From Pokhara, you may take a flight to Jomsom (2800m. m.) trek to Marpha, Yak Kharka, Hidden valley and Tukuche peak base camp is also enough acclimatization for climbing expedition team.
TUKUCHE (Dhaulagiri Himal – North East of Dhaulagiri) First ascent was 1969 by Swiss team.
Total 38 expeditions till to date and 19 teams had successes including 72 people summited. Last successful expedition was in autumn 2003 from France on North West Ridge.
Base Camp – 5,100m
Camp I – 5,600m
Camp 2 – 6,100m.
North West ridge, Most of Group using only camp 1 and camp 2 and finally make summit from camp 2 -6,100m, to make summit.
Arrival to Kathmandu& Transfer to the Hotel (1,350m)
Rest in Kathmandu, expedition briefing & preparation
Fly from Kathmandu- PKR-Beni (800m, 9h)
Trek from Beni to Tatopani (1,190m)
Trek from Tatopani to Ghasa (2,010m)
Trek from Ghasa to Tukuche Gaon (2,590m)
Trek from Tukuche to Marpha (2,670m)
Trek from Marpha to Yak Kharka (3,680m)
Acclimatization at Yak Kharka (rest day)
Trek from Yak Kharka to Tukuche Basecamp (5,150m)
Climbing Period [Basecamp - Summit (6,920m) - Basecamp]
Trek from Basecamp to Marpha (2,670m)
Drive from Marpha to Pokhara& Transfer to the Hotel
Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu& transfer to the Hotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu / ExpeditionDebriefing
Cost Includes & Excludes
- Arrival & Departure: Airport – Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner
- Hotel in Pokhara:1 nights Hotel in Pokhara City on Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Tukuche Peak, TIMS permit Annapurna conservation area entry permit & fee.
- Insurance:Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and climbing.
- Air Transportation (Domestic Flight): Fly from Kathmandu – Pokhara and drive from Pokhara to Beni. While returning:Drive from Marpha to Pokhara and from Pokhara Fly to Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- Climbing Stuffs Transportation:Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Beni (Drive) and to Base camp (by Porters / donkey) – While returning: Base camp to Marpha (by porters / donkey) and Marpha to Kathmandu (Drive).
- Member Luggage:Up to 30 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Donkey.
- Food and Logding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
- All Necessary equipment for Campingduring the trek.
- Porter:Porters up to Base camp from Beni & Porters on returning from Base camp to Marpha.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance:All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: All camping equipment such as Dining tent with table and chairs, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, & all necessary cooking gears.
- Light:Necessary light at Dinning tent and Kitchen tent.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance:Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food and Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2):Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- High camp service in Needed: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for member, all climbing and cooking crew. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- Permit: Satellite Phone / walkie-talkie permit for all members and staffs.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Sightseeing in Pokhara City: Pagoda Stupa Visit, Lakeside visit and boating, Davis falls.
- Air Fare:International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee:Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner:Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu &Pokhara:Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses:Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Filming:Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa $300 usd.
- Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Glimpse of Tukuche Peak (6920m)