The ‘Tamang Heritage Trail’ is an exciting trekking route located between Langtang and the Ganesh Himal. A culturally rich region steeped in Tibetan tradition, the local Tamang people are some of the warmest and most welcoming people in Nepal. Within easy access of Kathmandu we ascend the road north towards the Tibetan borderlands and enjoy a circuit trek through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys where few trekkers venture. Continuing north towards Tibet we soak up the heritage and appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. We take a rest day in Briddim to observe the construction of the new monastery and discover more about the local traditions of this wonderful region. Away from the main tourist trail, Tamang is a rewarding Himalayan region to visit. During this trek you can enjoy the dramatic views of Langtang Lirung (7,245m), Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass (5,122m), Dorje Lakpa (6,989m), Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Sringi Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges. In addition you find over 70 glaciers of varying sizes and high altitude lakes including Gosainkunda, Pravatikunda, Bhairavkunda and Dudhkunda. You will have an interesting trek through Tamang Communities, the one of the famous races of Nepal.
- Discover rhododendrons forest filled with monkeys, stunning ice-capped peaks, plateaued grasslands and epic mountains in Nepal’s little-seen Tamang hinterland.
- This trek follows trails that run through villages and local communities, instead of teahouses built for tourists, so you’ll gain real insight into life in these remote areas.
- An overnight homestay with a family in Briddim allows you to share stories, experience some traditional home cooking and sleep overnight in a comfortable wooden home.
- Hike to a 100-year-old monastery in the village of Gatlang then head out to find Parvati Kunda, a sacred lake that is revered for its apparent powers of fertility.
- Beautiful peak Tsero-Ri (4985m)
- Panorama views: Lantang Himal, 7000 more than mountains & Shisanpangma (8012m)
Arrival at Kathmandu(1300m)
Full day Guided Tour in Kathmandu with City Tour Guide
Kathmandu to Syabrubenshi (1,467m)
Syabrubenshi to Gatlang (2,238m)
Gatlang to Tatopani (2,607m)
Tatopani to Thuman (2,338m)
Thuman to Briddim (2,230m)
Briddim to Lama Hotel(2,470m)
Lama Hotel to Mundu (3,543m)
Mundu to Kyanzin Gompa(3,870m)
Excursion to Tserko RI(4,984m)
Kyanzin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2,470m)
Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru(2,250m)
Thulo Syabru to Shin Gompa (3,330m)
Shin Gompa to Gosainkunda Lake(4,380m)
Gosainkunda Lake to Dhunche (1,950m)
Dhunche to Kathmandu
Cost Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up and drops on private vehicle
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB Plan (Bed & Breakfast)
- One day full sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with English Speaking city Tour Guide.
- All necessary transportations on private vehicle (Kathmandu to Syabrubenshi and Dhunche to Kathmandu.
- Completely lodges treks which include Breakfast, Lunch, dinner and room during the whole trekking periods.
- Langtang National Park and TIMS Card entrance fees
- English Speaking Trekking Guide, Assistant Guide and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- First aid and medical kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.