The trekking by high road of Nar Phu Tilicho Mesokonta (5100m) is a circuit much less frequented and wild than its neighbor tour of the classic Annapurna, this circuit is discovered recently which passes by the very remote village of Tache, venerable village Gurung nested in high mountain, north-east of the Annapurna circuit, is a great discovery in the heart of this fabulous region. The drive to Tache, in the hidden Naar Phu Valley, follows the famous Annapurna Circuit through the lush valley of the Marshyangdi River before turning off at the village of Dharapani or Bagarchhap. The path takes a fairly steep turn, climbing steeply through a magnificent rhododendron forest to high pastures dotted with conifers and junipers pines. You will then contemplate a breathtaking view of the Annapurna range, in particular the Tilicho and Manaslu peaks, and many others from the Kuchumro pass (4900m). The trek then leads us through a lost trail that climbs and descends with regularity, which is a great help for acclimatization to the altitude and prepares the legs and lungs well to attack the Kangla pass (5350m) before to discover the distant and unspoiled valley of Naar Phu, open only to foreign visitors since 2002. Very few trekkers have set foot on the territories of this astonishing region with its rugged beauty and craggy aurelia, so the choice was made to open it to small groups of no more than 6 people. Many Tibetan Khampa warriors occupied this valley in the middle of the last century. Recently, this valley has also been called Yarsaguma, after a mushroom known to be an aphrodisiac. Locals collect it in the spring to get a bargain by selling it at prices that soar from dealers.
After crossing the Kangla pass (5350m), we continue through the valley and the village of Manang, on the shores of one of the highest lakes in the world, the Tilicho (4919m), mentioned in the great Hindu saga of Ramayana, by visiting the sacred cave where the great Tibetan yogi Milarepa had retired … You will have magnificent views of Annapurna I (8091m) from the Kangla pass and on Tilicho peak (7134m) and on … Many other peaks as far as the eye can see… crossing the Mesokonta pass (5100 m), and crossing the Kali Gandaki valley.
Great points of interest
The Kuchumro pass (4900m), the high perched village of Naar Phu, the Kangla pass (5350m), the Annapurna range, the Dhaulagiri (8167m), the Mesokonta pass (5100 m), the Kali Gandaki gorges deeper in the world, the arid landscapes of Mustang.
Arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel
Kathmandu: Free day Shree Adventure Clubmanages the permit formalities, overnight at the hotel
Kathmandu - Besisahar - Jagat –Tal (1500), 7 / 8h by 4*4 Jeep, night in lodge
Taal –Timang(2340m) 4 to 5 hours
Timang -Koto (3600m), about 7 hours
Koto - Meta (3600m) about 6 hours
Meta - Kyang (3840m), 5 / 6h walk
Kyang - Phu Gaon (4078m), 3 / 4h walk
Phu Gaon – Naar gaon (4160m), 6 / 7h walk
Naar Gaon - Kangla phedi (4546m), 2 / 3h walk
Kang La Pass(5350m) - Ngawal (3600m), 6 / 7h walk
Ngawal - Manang (3540m), 2 / 3h walk
Manang - Tilicho phedi (4300m)
Tilicho Phedi - Tilicho Lake (4970m)
Tilicho Lake to Mesokonta pass (5325m) to Yakkharka (3800m)
Yakkharka to Jomsom (3450m, 6h)
Jomsom – Pkr by Flight
Pkr – Ktm
Departure. Transfer to Airport
Cost Includes & Excludes
- All Arrival and Departure transportation
- Welcome dinner at Typical and authentic Nepalese cuisine
- 4 Nights hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at twin sharing room on BB plan
- 1 Night Hotel accommodation in Pokhara at twin sharing room on BB plan
- One day full Guided Tour in Kathmandu with English speaking City Tour Guide
- Land Transportation: Kathmandu to Taal and Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Completely lodge Accommodation during trekking periods at twin sharing basis.
- Camping Equipments
- Naar/Phu Special permit
- Trekking Permits (Annapurna Conservation Area Project entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Domestic flight fare: Jomsom to Pokhara
- Guide ,asstiant guides, cooks and kitchen helpers and porters
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Our Company service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Garbage deposit of Chulu West peak
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
Glimpse of Naar-phu Valley & Tilicho Pass Trek