Lower Dolpo is an alluring trekking destination in the Nepalese Himalayan range. This is the most popular trek in western Nepal. Lower Dolpo is located in the northwest of the Dolpo region, in Shey-Phoksundo National Park between the Dhaulagiri massif and the Tibetan plateau. It is one of the most secluded places in Nepal known for its high altitude mountain lake, Phoksundo. It has remained an isolated place despite the fact that for centuries its people of Tibetan origin continued to live, cultivate and trade with the Tibetans.
Visiting Shey Gompa and the gigantic park covering 1,373 square kilometers above Lake Phoksundo is still regulated and a special permit is required to enter Lower or Upper Dolpo. The Lower Dolpo trek is an opportunity to visit ancient villages, isolated Buddhist monasteries, high altitude passes and beautiful lakes. It is also an opportunity to see some wild animals living in the region such as the blue sheep, the mountain goat, the jackal, the wolf and the legendary snow leopard.
Hiking in Dolpo is an extraordinary experience.
The trail passes through Shey-Phoksundo National Park for which an entrance fee must be paid in addition to the trekking permit. The most convenient way to reach Lower Dolpo is to fly to Juphal, which is only a four hour walk from Dunai, the capital of the Dolpo district. There are regular flights from Nepalgunj to Juphal and the Shree Adventure Club team will make this trip a memorable experience for visitors.
Arrival at Kathmandu (1300m).
Full day Guided Tour in Kathmandu valley with city Tour Guide.
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Nepalgunj to Dunai (2,850m)
Dunai to Tarakot (2,543m)
Tarakot to Khani Gaon (2,543m)
Khani Gaon to Tarap Khola (3,450m)
Tarap Khola to Yak Kharka (3,800m)
Yak Kharka to Dho Tarap (4,090m)
Dho Tarap to Tokyu Gaon (4,200m)
Tokyu Gaon to Num La BC (4,665m)
Cross Num La Pass (5,190m). Trek to Pelung Kang (4,465m)
Cross Baga La Pass (5,070m). Trek to Dajok Kang (4,080m)
Dajok Kang to Ringmo (3,600m)
Ringmo to Chepka (2,260m)
Chekpa to Juphal (2,320m)
Jhupal to Kathmandu
Free day in Kathmandu for self-shopping and other activities
Transfer to Kathmandu International airport for departure
Cost Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with all entrance and monuments fees.
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at twin sharing room on BB plan (Bed & Breakfast)
- 1 Night Hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj at twin sharing room on BB plan (Bed & Breakfast)
- Domestic airfare: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, Nepalgunj to Juphal, Juphal to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
- Phoksundo National Park entrance fees
- Special permit of Lower Dolpo
- First aid and medical kits
- English Speaking Trekking Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Glimpse of Lower Dolpo Trek