Real Nepalese Far-East exploration trek
Kanchenjunga (8586m), third highest peak in the world after Mount Everest and K2, is located in the far eastern Nepal on the border with Sikkim. In Tibetan, Kanchenjunga means “five treasures of snow” and it has indeed five peaks.
The trek leading to the south and north base camps of Kanchenjunga is a very strenuous and little used route. The landscape varies from the cultivated fields of the valley to the high ice plateau where the snowy peaks of the highest mountains in the world can be seen: Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8485m) and Kanchenjunga (8586m).
Through a rhododendron forest, you go up the Nango La pass at just over 4700 m, frequented by Tibetans who trade between Olangchungola and Ghunsa. Yak caravans regularly cross this pass, which is a fairly difficult trail.
- The particular habitat of the Kanchenjunga region, wooden houses on stone foundations and shingled roofs.
- The approach walks to the northern base camp of Kanchenjunga from Ghunsa, through the larch and fir forests.
- The first views of the Janu and its immense north face, then the Kanchenjunga keeper.
- The view of Kanchenjunga and its satellite summits.
- The village of Olangchungola, which seems quite simple out of time and has stunned us all. Its proximity to Tibet has made it a trading village. Even today, unlike other regions where the passage to Tibet is closed most of the year, yak caravans are frequent between the border and Olangchungola.
Arrival at Kathmandu (1300m)
Full day Guided Tour in Kathmandu Valley with City Tour Guide
Kathmandu to Illam (1,200m)
Illam to Mitlung (890m)
Mitlung to Chirwa (1,185m)
Chirwa to Sekathum (1,650m)
Sekathum to Amjilasa (2,498m)
Amjilasa to Gyabla (2,725m)
Gyabla to Ghunsa (3,415m)
Ghunsa to Khambachen (4,145m)
Khambachen to Lhonak (4,792m)
Hike to Pangpema (North Kanchenjunga BC) 5,140m
Lhonak to Ghunsa (3,415m)
Ghunsa to Selele La (4,200m)
Cross Mirgin La Pass (4,645m). Trek to Tseram (3,868m)
Tseram to Ramche (4,580m)
Hike to South Kanchenjunga BC. Back to Tseram
Tseram to Lamite Bhanjyang (3,310m)
Lamite Bhanjyang to Yamphudin (1,692m)
Yamphudin to Ponphe (1,900m)
Ponphe to Khunjari (1,928m)
Khunjari to Taplejung (2,300m)
Drive to Bhadrapur
Bhadrapur to Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
Transfer to Kathmandu International airport for departure
Cost Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up and drop on private vehicle
- Welcome dinner at typical and authentic Nepalese Kitchen
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at twin sharing room on BB plan
- One day full day sightseeing in Kathmandu as per the above mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide.
- Transfer: Bhadrapur to Taplejung and Taplejung to Bhadrapur on private jeep/Bus
- One night hotel accommodation in Pokhara at twin sharing room on BB plan
- Domestic flight: Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and Bhadrapur to Kathmandu
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
- Special permit of Kanchenjunga
- Kanchenjunga National Park entrance fees
- First aid and medical kits
- English Speaking Trekking Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental, medical and Helicopter Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal Trekking and climbing equipments and personal expenses.
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.