The Himlung Himal 7126m rises to the north of the Annapurna massif (in the hidden valley of Naar Phu). This expedition is aimed at lovers of wild terrain and who wish to climb a first summit of 7000m in an exceptional environment!
Besides the high altitude mountaineering the region’s ancient architecture, ancient custom, culture, and biological diversity is sure to amaze anyone. The high peaks, isolated Phu village, narrow gullies, forests, springs, old monasteries, and unique ancient settlements are a stunning part of the journey to Base Camp. It is a beautiful course of alpinism from its Base Camp to the Summit.
The ascent of Himlung Himal is characterized above all by an exceptional stage. We have 15 days to climb from basecamp at 4825m to the 7126m high summit (a 2301m vertical height gain). This will need to be done in stages as we will need to firstly acclimatize ourselves to BC (phase one) then to about 6000m while climbing (phase two).
Once we have completed our acclimatization phases and rested for two days we should be ready to push through to the top in steady steps through our three camps above BC.
We establish our Base Camp at an altitude 4,850m on a grassy land. While our strong team of Sherpa staffs set up camps, expedition members have the chance to going up and down for acclimatization. Three higher camps will be set up above the Base Camp. Camp 1 at 5,450 meters. Camp 2 at 6150 meters. Camp 3 at 6375 meters. The last part of the summit involves steep and icy climb. Technically Mt. Himlung is not so difficult. After submitting, descend to Camp 3. The next day, descend to the Base Camp. For more detail about Himlung climbing and the route follow the link.
- Climb the summit of Mt. Himlung 7126m
- Experimented Shree Adventure Club Team Sherpa climbing guides.
- Focused on quality service, experienced Shree Adventure team for a small group 4-7participants only.
- Stunning view of Manaslu,Annapurna,Lamjung ,Machhapuchre,Tilicho &Gangapurna etc
- Visit a peak without the crowds
- An excellent preparation expedition for 8000m such as Manaslu or Everest.
|Difficulty Level: Quite Technical
|Recommended period: October – November and April – May.
|Maximum altitude: 7126m
|Transfers: Bus / carriers / Mules
|Accommodation: Lodge and tent
|Stages: 4 to 8 hours of walking
|Group / Price from: 6/7 Pax: 7000 to 8000 € Per Person in summary
|Group / Price from: 2/4 Pax: 8500 to 9700 € Per Person in summary
ARRIVAL IN KATMANDU
KATMANDU: PERMIT AND BRIEFING DAY (MINISTRY D’TOURSIM).
KATMANDOU - BESISHAHAR -DHARAPANI -KOTO (1900m) by Jeep)
KOTO-DHARAMSHALA (3000m, 6h)
DHARAMSHALA- KYANG -PHU GAON ((4078m, 6h)
PHU GAON - PHU GAON
PHU-GAON - HIMLUNG BASE CAMP (4840m, 5h30 m)
THE HIMLUNG HIMAL ASCENSION PERIOD -7126M)
SETTING UP OUR CAMP (AT HIMLUNG HIMAL BASE CAMP AND THEN PREPARATION ACCLIMATION ALTITUDE FOR THE ASCENSION THE SUMMIT)
HIMLUNG BASE CAMP - KATMANDU
FREE DAY IN KATMANDU
DEPARTURE FROM KATMANDU
Cost Includes & Excludes
- Airport pickup and drop on private vehicle
- Welcome dinner at authentic and typical Nepalese cuisine
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at twin sharing room on BB plan
- One day full sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with English speaking City Tour Guide
- Private Land Transportation: Kathmandu to Ngadi and Dharapani to Kathmandu
- Trek on lodge from Kathmandu to Base camp and Base camp to Kathmandu. Food for Base camp during Expedition period
- Climbing Permit fee of Mt. Himlung Expedition
- Special permit of Nar Phu valley
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project entrance fees
- Porterage of member’s personal climbing equipment Kathmandu-Ngadi-Base Camp-Kathmandu (max 60 Kg per person).
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Walkie Talkie permit
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew and flight tickets
- 1:1 climbing Sherpa
- 1 tent for 2 person for Expedition
- High altitude tents for all members and climbing Sherpas.
- All food and fuel for Base camp and higher camps during expedition. Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws, etc.)
- Insurance and Helicopter rescue for Nepalese expedition crew.
- Agency service charge
- lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Nepal visa fee
- International flight tickets
- Personal equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Satellite phone
- Personal expenses
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa and staffs tip (US$500 to US$1,000)
- Bar Bills & beverage
Glimpse of Himlung Himal Expedition (7126m)